Cumberland Mountain State Park
A 1586 acre park on the sandstone tableland of the Cumberland Plateau
Address: 24 Office Drive, Crossville, Tennessee
At a glance: A large park featuring campgrounds, cabins, recreational hall, meeting rooms, restaurant, golf course, boat rentals, hiking trails, fishing, swimming, mountain biking, picnic area, and amphitheater.
You have just discovered another beautiful state park in Tennessee. Are you in the area for the summer or a weekend getaway? Looking for low key spots to hang out at?
Just up the road from Center Hill Lake, in a town called Crossville sits Cumberland Mountain State Park. This park features various hiking trails ranging from .5 mile to 5.95 miles. There is also a 50-acre lake, Byrd Lake, for fishing and boating.
Great for all ages, this stunning place in Tennessee is yet another state park to add to your bucket list.
Things to Do:
- Rent a fishing boat, rowboat, paddleboard, kayak or canoe for use on Byrd Lake.
- Hike 14 miles around the lake – easy to overnight trails
- Fish on the 50-acre Byrd Lake
- There is an Olympic-size pool at the park
- Grab your mountain bike and hit the 4 mile trail
Campgrounds + Lodging:
- 145 campsites in 5 camping area with electric and water
- 14 sites with sewer hookup
- Each camping area has a heated bathhouse with hot showers
- Overnight backpacking campsite available
- 37 fully equipped cabins
- Pet-friendly cabins available
- The Mill House is located below the park’s dam
- The Homestead Harvest Restaurant is open year round.
- Bear Trace is a 18-hole golf course on-site
- There are meeting rooms available for rent.
- There is a 75-person amphitheater behind the restaurant on the bank of Byrd Lake.
Looking for more cool places to explore?
Cumberland Mountain State Park. Address: 24 Office Drive, Crossville, Tennessee. Phone: 800.250.8618
Hours of Operation: 8:00AM – 10:00PM CT