Fall Creek Falls State Park
One of Tennessee’s largest and most visited state parks. Home to Fall Creek Falls, a 256′ waterfall – one of the highest in the eastern U.S.
Address: 2009 Village Camp Road, Spencer, Tennessee
At a glance: 29,800 acre park located directly on the top of the rugged Cumberland Plateau. Features: waterfalls, nature center, hiking trails, lookout points, rec areas, lodging, camping, amphitheater, bike trails, fishing, golf course, boating and more.
Are you up for a challenge? Explore Tennessee’s largest state park. Located in Spencer, Tennessee, Fall Creek Falls State Park is a great place to send a few days.
Home to Fall Creek Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in the eastern U.S., the park also houses Piney and Cane Creek Falls along with Cane Creek Cascades. Most lookout points are panoramic giving you the perfect vantage point.
Things to Do:
- Hiking Trails – 56+ miles including to the base of falls. 2 long-distance overnight trails
- Nature Center – Displays and presentations
- Golf Course – Featured in Golf Digest as one of the ‘Top 100 Public Places to Play’
- Canopy Challenge Course – 70 obstacles and zip lines
- Bike Trails – 3 miles of paved trails and 15 miles of mountain bike trails
- Fishing – 345-acre Fall Creek Falls Lake + creeks
- Boating – Fishing boat, kayak, canoe and paddleboat rentals available. No gasoline motors.
Cane Creek Falls
Fall Creek Falls
Campgrounds + Lodging:
- 222 Rv / Tent campsites with 7 bathhouses
- Most sites have tables, grills, water and electricity and sewer connections
- 30 back country sites
- 2 week max stay for campsites
- 2 group lodges – Newton Ford Bunk for 100 people. Turkey Pen Bunk for 32 people. Both feature a kitchen.
- 2 group camps for 100 and 150 people. Cane Creek Camp has 19 cabins. Piney Creek Camp has 24 cabins. Both have 3 bathhouses, kitchens and dining hall.
- 30 fully equipped cabins available. 2 night minimum stay.
Bridge Over Cane Creek Falls
- General store
- Picnic Pavilions
- Annual Events
- The Lodge – new 85-room lodge with conference space, restaurant and lounge
Overlook Trail Scenic Lookout
Looking for more cool places to explore?
Contact / Management:
Fall Creek Falls State Park. Address: 2009 Village Camp Road, Spencer, Tennessee. Phone: 423.881.5298
Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours with the road leading to the falls locked at dark. All day use areas close at sunset. Office Hours: 8-4:30Pm daily.
Directions: There are 2 entrances – North on Highway 30 and South on Highway 111.