How to Cook Short Ribs in a Smoker
Tips and Recipe Ingredients
Ingredients / Things You Will Need:
- Short Ribs – purchased from butcher or grocery. This can be a difficult cut to find. These can be purchased as a rack or already sliced.
- Seasoning (We suggest a sweet and smoky seasoning)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Keep a small tray of water in the smoker to keep the moisture in.
- Trim fat on front of meat. Remove membrane (the thin film or ‘silver skin’ from bones and meat) By removing excess fat and skin, this ensures the ribs will be tender.
- Coat meat entirely in seasoning on both sides.
Instructions: How to Cook
- Preheat smoker to 225.
- Smoke on 225 degrees for 5 – 7 hours or until internal temperature reaches 200. (It’s best to use smoker probe or meat temperature to ensure the meat is cooked properly.)
- Place meat directly on rack.
- Spritz every 30 – 45 minutes with apple cider vinegar and water. This ensures the meat stays moist.
Instructions: Post Prep
Once meat has reached 200 degrees, remove from smoker and let rest for at least 30 minutes in butcher paper or foil.
*Butcher paper can be purchased from most sporting goods stores.
Slice meat from bone and serve.